The Lilian Thuram Foundation and the FC Barcelona Foundation are launching the Sports and Education Against Racism Award
The awards will be for students completing their final-year thesis on the subject of education and/or sports as a tool to fight racism
After years of joint work, particularly in the areas of inclusion and raising awareness against racism, the FC Barcelona Foundation and the Lilian Thuram Foundation have created the Sports and Education Against Racism Award. The aim of the award is to contribute towards sports and education against racism, as well as to promote inclusion, in the university and social spheres of Catalonia. More specifically, this initiative aims to contribute towards the participation and leadership of students from Catalan universities, future professionals and leaders in the field of sports and education against racism, in favour of a more equal and inclusive society.
The awards will be presented to students completing their final-year thesis on the subject of education and/or sports as a tool to fight racism. Papers of a practical and/or theoretical nature from all areas of knowledge of the disciplines taught at the universities and faculties in Catalonia may be presented.
The papers must be related to sports and/or education against racism: proposals for intervention, awareness, programmes, campaigns, educational content and others.
Students who meet the following requirements will be eligible as candidates for the award:
• Are studying or have completed their undergraduate studies at a Catalan university.
• Have completed their studies for their degree (Undergraduate or Masters) during the academic year 2021–2022 and/or 2022–2023.
• The papers presented must be part of the academic curriculum and can be submitted individually or as a group.
• Have defended the thesis at a centre of the higher education system of Catalan universities for social and humanistic disciplines described in the section ‘Participating Universities and Faculties’.
• Have written the thesis in any of the official languages of Catalonia.
• Have been graded, in either category, with a grade of no less than 8 out of 10, or a percentage equivalent.
• The winner of the first prize will be awarded €5,000
• The winner of the second prize will be awarded €3,000
• The winner of the third prize will be awarded €2,000
Papers may be submitted from 1 July 2022 to 30 April 2023 (both inclusive) at midnight.