A big step forward
Child Protection System on Esports: FC Barcelona with children's rights
FC Barcelona Child Protection System
Our child protection system reflects FC Barcelona’s commitment to respecting the rights of children and adolescents, and creating a more just and protective society. This system contains the following safeguards:
1. We have a Child Protection Policy in all environments where we work.
2. We have defined the Protective Roles and Responsibilities for each person within our activities and facilities.
3. We have a Code of Conduct for professionals and other people who are in contact with children and adolescents.
4. We perform Risk Mapping or Identification and Protective Measures as part of the planning of any action with children and adolescents, as well as in the design, evaluation and improvement of all environments where we conduct our activities.
5. We have a Protocol of Action to be implemented upon detection of any case where there is a suspicion or evidence of violation of the rights of a child or adolescent.
6. We have detailed knowledge of the most relevant protection circuits for our work, in order to coordinate with the competent authorities when necessary.
7. We have expanded our personnel selection and recruitment standards to cover aspects of child protection.
8. We give training to everyone involved in Child Protection, especially staff hired and volunteers, following the Training Structure defined by the Club.
9. We carry out prevention activities with children and adolescents themselves, and with families and legal guardians.
10. We allocate the human and economic resources necessary for the development of these actions.
11. We regularly review and update the various Child Protection documents, tools and procedures.
12. We disclose these documents, both for transparency and accountability, to children and adolescents, their families and legal guardians, and society.
13. We ensure that all the entities that work for or with FC Barcelona or the Barça Foundation have the same or similar protection measures and environments and, if they do not have them, we provide them with the information and materials necessary to do so.
FC Barcelona child protection policies, guidelines, protocols and standards
In order to submit any query or communication, you can contact Barça Foundation trough the Ethics Channel.