NewsDetails - Foundation
Impact of coronavirus on the activity of the Barça Foundation
Following recommendations from the health and education authorities regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Barça Foundation has postponed the social inclusion program (involving children and youth from different educational centers) and the pediatric wellness program (involving sick children) in Catalonia for three weeks.
The decision to postpone activities was made based on Department of Education recommendations that urge the suspension of all activities organized by educational centers under the Department of Education, as well as afterschool and nonformal services that take place outside of education centers involving teachers, non-teaching staff or students of several centres simultaneously.
Barça Foundation considers it essential to guarantee the safety of children and youth and, therefore, has taken extreme precautions by postponing the following activities in Catalonia:
- FutbolNet Diputación de Tarragona: Valls, Sant Carles de la Ràpita, Tortosa, La Selva del Camp, Riudoms, Miami Platja, Les Borges del Camp, Hospitalet de l'Infant, Alforja, Montbrió and Mont-Roig del Camp.
- FutbolNet Diputación de Girona: Salt, Roses, La Bisbal and Banyoles.
- FutbolNet Invulnerables: Manresa, Manlleu and Figueres.
- FutbolNet Barcelona City Institut Miquel Tarradell, Institut Barri Besòs, Centre Obert Bon Pastor, Centre Obert Martí Codolar, Centre Obert Nou Barris i Centre Obert Zona Franca.
- FutbolNet Town Halls of Catalonia: Vilafranca del Penedès, Cunit, Viladecans, Santa Bàrbara, Roquetes and Alcanar.
- FutbolNet and Diversity: Escola Ausiàs March de Les Corts de Barcelona and colaboration with Fundació Onada de Tarragona.
- FutbolNet Juvenile Justice: Centre Educatiu El Segre, Centre Educatiu Can Llupià and Centre Educatiu Els Til·lers.
- FutbolNet One Team: Centre Penitenciari de Joves.
- FutbolNet Mental Health: Collaboration with the Centre Acompanya’m of the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu.
- FutbolNet Port Aventura Dreams: Collaboration with the Port Aventura Foundation at the Port Aventura Dreams facilities.
- FutbolNet unaccompanied youth migrants: Llavaneres, Vallvidrera, Piera, Gironella + Puig Reig, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Vilanova i la Geltrú, Sabadell, Santa Margarita de Montbui, Hospitalet del Llobregat and Sant Esteve de Palautordera.
- Campus Guitart Foundation and Villavechia Foundation in Lloret.
- Masía Solidaria Program: all planned actions.
- Pediatric Wellness Program: Actions with Robot, Hospital Visits, Meet and Greet with players in the Sports City.
- Inauguration of Cruyff Court in Port Aventura.
- Employability Campus, in collaboration with Climent Guitart Foundation, for unaccompanied young migrants in Lloret De Mar.
- Bullying prevention program in schools (including workshops) in Catalonia.
- Training workshops to prevent bullying in sport.
- Employability Campus with the Climent Guitart Foundation for unaccompanied refugee minors in Catalonia.
Internationally, the following activities are postponed:
- Africa (X15 countries): Seminar that was scheduled with Directors of Olympafrica centers, as well as the start of regular program activities in Olympafrica centers in Lesotho, Mozambique, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Burundi, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Togo, Niger, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda and Guinea.
- Argentina: Seminar that was scheduled for March 30-31 in Rosario and program activities.
- Brazil: Program activities in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, as well as two training seminars that were scheduled in Sao Paulo (Guarulhos and Diadema) that will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Colombia: Program activities in the Putumayo department and training seminar in the city of Palmira that was scheduled for April 22-23.
- El Salvador: FutbolNet Festival that was scheduled for March 14 and program activities in San Salvador.
- Greece: Program for children in Skaramagas and Eleonas refugee camps in Athens, children in Moria and Kara Tepe refugee camps and Moria school in Lesbos, as well as program for unaccompanied refugee minors in Athens.
- Italy: Program for unaccompanied refugee minors in reception centers in Catania.
- Japan: Two FutbolNet Diversity training seminars in collaboration with the Japanese Inclusive Football Federation and the Festival for Social Inclusion that was planned in the run up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Lebanon: Program sessions for refugee and local children in the Bekaa Valley and program in public schools in all seven provinces of the country.
- Mexico: Visit to Barcelona that was scheduled for a group of program beneficiaries and Scotiabank FutbolNet Festival that was scheduled for May 18-21.
- Peru: Training seminar that was scheduled for March 18-19.
- Qatar: Program activities in 35 educational centers and program festival.
- United States: Program activities in 16 public schools in New York.
- STEP4Youth: Working group with European partners of a Erasmus + program financed by the European Union continues to work electronically, however two meetings that were scheduled in Breda (April) and Copenhagen (June) are postponed for a later date.
The “Foundation Space” will be closed for as long as the Barça Museum remains closed.
For further information on the effects of the coronavirus on the whole club, please consult this link.